How We Keep Everyone Safe.
No Crowded Waiting Rooms – We are asking that patients call or text when they arrive so we can manage the influx of individuals in the clinic.
Temperature Checks and Wellness Screens – We are screening all patients and guests entering the clinic for COVID-related symptoms, recent travel or potential exposure.
Clinic Spacing – We’ve rearranged tables and equipment, and moved waiting rooms chairs to maximize space between patients.
Signage & Announcements – We’ve posted flyers throughout the clinic to remind patients of social distancing standards.
Stop the Spread – We ask that all patients wash their hands after entering the clinic before and after their therapy session.
Equipment Cleaning – Our team members will clean all equipment, tables, chairs, etc. before and after each patient use.
Staggering Schedules – When scheduling patients, we are staggering patient appointments to minimize overlap.
New Patient Screening – We are performing wellness screens by phone when scheduling new evaluations.
How does Telehealth work?
Our team will walk you through an easy setup and get you going with your first Tele-Therapy session. All you need is a smart phone or computer and you’re on your way!
Read below to get more information on our Tele-Therapy sessions and to book an appointment.
Informed Consent of Services Performed by Virtual Physical Therapists
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
- Patient medical records
- Medical images
- Live two-way audio and video
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
- Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her local healthcare site (i.e. home) while the physical therapist consults at distant/other sites.
- More efficient medical evaluation and management.
- Obtaining expertise of a specialist.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, the consultant may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality, thus necessitating a face-to-face meeting with the patient, or at least a rescheduled video consult;
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment;
- In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
- In some cases, a person’s condition is not suitable for virtual assessment and treatment. If so, the therapist will recommend a physician or clinic that is specialized.
By checking the box associated with “Informed Consent”, You acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine, and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my written consent.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. The above mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained.
Patient Consent to The Use of Telemedicine
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telemedicine, have discussed it with my physical therapist as may be designated, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
I have read this document carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the teleconferencing consultation and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in a telemedicine visit under the terms described herein.